RoboNeo, Sabah’s premier community robotics event, is back for its 4th annual event. First held in 2014, RoboNeo’s main goal is to connect communities through technology. A unique part of RoboNeo is that it’s “open to all” where participants are from all walks of life and are welcome to come and join.
RoboNeo’s objectives are:
- To harness the creativity and innovative minds of the community through robotics
- To identify potential products and ideas
- To bring together like-minded communities with the applications of IT, electronics, mechanics, and engineering.
- Kinabalu Coders (http://kinabalucoders.org) - provides technical knowledge, support, promotional activities, and logistics for RoboNeo and KK Maker Expo.
- Politeknik Kota Kinabalu (http://www.polikk.edu.my) - a public institution of higher learning aimed at providing industry-ready skills and knowledge to students. Politeknik Kota Kinabalu provides technical knowledge and expertise to the event (RoboNeo autonomous challenge).
- Ministry of Resource Development and Information Technology (http://www.kpsktm.sabah.gov.my/) - Sabah State ministry responsible for developing human resource and advancing ICT in the state. The Ministry provides support to ICT Fiesta and RoboNeo in terms of funding.
- Cytron Technologies Sdn. Bhd. (http://www.cytron.com.my/contact) - supplier of components for RoboNeo for the past 4 years. This year Kinabalu Coders and Cytron will collaborate together to bring robotics to schools via their Rero (http://rero.io) platform. This leads to RoboNeo introducing a category for Rero this year.
- Sounds Tech Production Sdn Bhd (http://soundstech.com.my/) - Event management company to handle RoboNeo 2017